New Projects!

So this summer, with help from some U of M employees, I have decided to start a major project. I've had this in the back of my mind for a while now. I'm going to start a charity in my mom's name. Now everything is still in the first stages so I don't have a lot of details. But the goal is to make enough money to pay for one mother's treatments for breast cancer a year. Now this is a lofty goal, and will probably take years to accomplish. Many people don't know that it can cost between 50,000 to 100,000 to pay for treatments. Coming from a not so wealthy family I have seen first hand the toll this can take. Now here's the challenge: those of you who know my mom (she does not read my blog) keep it a secret from her!! The charity is going to be in her and Ruth Stenson's honor. I feel very passionately about this, and am so excited to start! If anyone has any advice for me please email or comment! Otherwise I will be setting up a donations link of this page soon and feel free to make a donation!

Lots of love,
Dani

No comments: